We have all been there, it’s someone’s birthday. Can you simply text them? Tweet them? Can you just post on their Facebook wall? What is acceptable and what is rude. Then when it’s your birthday do you need to respond to every post, text and tweet individually or does a blanket “Thank You” on Facebook cover it?
How to wish someone Happy Birthday on Social Media
- Viva Visability – says “Sometimes You Just Have To Say Happy Birthday” and doing it on Facebook is fine, as long as you follow-up a day or two later
- Rachel Haviland seems to have the answers in her document, “How To Say Happy Birthday Online“
- TimesUnion.com has another great post; Birthday Etiquette on Facebook
- Infinity Communication basically says, don’t be cheap and also buy something in the post called #Happy Birthday In The World of @Social Media
How to Thank people for Birthday wishes on Social Media
- eHow has it all broken down. In a post titled How to Thank People When They Tell You Happy Birthday eHow gives us all the scenarios, and in their opinion, the proper ways to thank people
- Yahoo Answers
- Then there is simply the best post I have seen on this subject. Thank you to Josh Wolford (@joshgwolf) at WebProNews for this gem: Happy Birthday To Me (On Facebook) this is exactly what I am talking about. What to do, what not to do and what’s lame!
I hope you read up so in 240 days when it is my birthday you will know what to do, what to say and how to do it!
-ps – Happy Birthday Karen!